Friday, March 29, 2013

Singapore Accommodation Hunt

On Thursday Sairozi and I left beautiful Phuket for Singapore. I had arranged our accommodation in advance as the hostel we stayed at offer promotion deals if you book early enough. The place is called footprints hostel and is conveniently located in Little India. The staff is friendly, breakfast is included and the showers are great. Just the rooms are  little small but since we're just staying there for sleeping that's ok. Staying in a hostel for a couple of nights is alright, but for a duration of 3 months I do prefer not sharing a room with 7 (snorring) guys. That's why I spent my day checking out rooms.

I had been looking for places on the internet and the most useful page I found was www.easyroommate.com.sg. There also is a facebook group called FindYourRoomInSG where people post their available rooms. Even though I found many interesting offers, the rent was super high. Prices start at about 700SD and can be as much as 1500SD for a single room! As I didn't want to spend more than 800SD that limited the choice. Luckily already the first viewing for a room I had this morning was great and the flatmates seemed really friendly as well. After checking out a second place I decided in favour of room no. 1 and tomorrow I'll move to my new home for the next 3 months :D


The first 2 days of my stay in Singapore have been pretty successful (apart from a fight between me, my chopsticks and the noodle soup... Anna - noodle soup 0:1) and I hope it continues this way. Monday will be the first day of my internship and I'm really excited about it... hopefully everything will go well!

No comments:

Post a Comment